The Company, A.A. FOODS IMPORTS LTD. (“We, Us, Our”) is engaged to ensure the protection of Your personal data. We strive to guarantee that the processing of personal data is thoroughly performed in an accountable manner. Processing shall be lawful, fair, and transparent, accurate and secured, will be solely limited to what is required and stored until strictly necessary.
Your personal data shall be processed in line with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including inter alia, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), as may be amended from time to time, as well as, any other law which may be applicable in the context of Privacy.
Personal Data is any information which identifies a natural person, whether by personal specifications or factual circumstances. E.g. name and surname, date of birth, sex, residential address, email address, telephone number etc.
- How and What personal data is collected about You
- The purpose why we collect personal data about You
- Categories of persons with access to your personal data
- Security Measures
- Your Rights
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, HOW WE COLLECT IT AND THE PURPOSE WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
- OUR WEBSITE
On each and every visit on our website https://www.aafoodsmalta.com/en/home.htm, our servers and service providers are able to collect and store certain data which your Browser transmits. This will allow You to visit our website. On the other hand, it will enable us to improve Your experience when visiting our website, as well as, statistically analyse the use of our website. Automatic data collection includes:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and language
- Type of operating system
- Time of access
Moreover, Cookies are used in order to make our website available to You. Cookies are text files which enable an analysis of the use of Our website. Moreover, Cookies enable the website to remember Your computer/device. Most browsers automatically store Cookies. Any information collected by Us by means of Cookies, shall not be processed for reasons such as profiling or for an evaluation of browsing behaviour unless, Your prior written consent is obtained.
Personal Data is solely processed as aforesaid in order for Us to be able to provide You with the website, together with its features. It is our legitimate interest to provide you with a functional, attractive and user-friendly website.
Our Website also makes use of Google Analytics for the statistical analysis of the use of the website. This is a web service offered by Google Inc. which collects Cookies and as a result is able to analyse the use of the website by You. You may install the following plug-in should You wish to exclude such data processing by Google: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- REQUESTS AND APPLICATIONS
Apart from informational purposes, our website can also be actively used by You to contact Us via the Contact Form or any other means available. By using the website for this purpose, apart from the processing of data as aforesaid, we can also process other Personal Data in order to respond to Your request/s. This includes Your Name, Surname, Contact Number and Message. It is our legitimate interest to answer Your inquiries as is necessary.
If you elect to send us Your CV in relation to any position within our Company, we will process the information, i.e. Personal Data that you have sent us. We ask You not to send Us personal data that is designated as Special Personal Data. Special Personal Data is data that reveals racial or ethical origins, political, religious and/or ideological beliefs, sexual orientation, trade-union membership, biometric data, health related data etc. By voluntarily submitting Special Personal Data to Us, You are agreeing that You have given Your consent to the processing of such Data.
- PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Processing of Personal Data shall only be conducted for a specific purpose. We will not process Your Data for any other purposes unless with Your Prior written consent. We purport to use Your Data only for the reasons outlined in points 1.1 and 1.2 above.
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONS WITH ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When You access our website and whilst we provide You with Our Services, we may need to share Your Personal Data with a category of persons in order to faciliate and conduct our Business. The category of persons includes:
- Directors and Employees of the Company on a ‘need to know’ basis
- Service Providers e.g. website hosts
- Competent Authorities
- Fraud/Crime Prevention Agencies or Authorities
When Personal Data is processed by a category of Person in points a. and b. above, such persons will be subject to a contractual duty of confidentiality towards the Company and will be liable for disciplinary and/or legal action should they fail to honour their obligations in terms of the data protection legislation.
We may also disclose Your Data in circumstances where we may be allowed or required by law. We may also have a legitimate interest to protect and defend our legal rights and in such cases we reserve the right to disclose information to third parties, e.g. to our legal advisors and to competent bodies and authorities.
- PERSONS UNDER SIXTEEN (16)
If You are under the age of sixteen (16), sixteen (16) inclusively, You need to obtain Your Parent’s consent in order to provide any personal data to us. In terms of the GDPR, we have the right to require Your parent’s data, as well as, request formal documentation regarding parental consent.
- PERIOD OF RETENTION
Personal Data shall only be retained for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purpose/s for which it is collected and should be retained until the business relationship ends. When we no longer require Your Personal Data, we will proceed with deleting it or anonymise it.
Personal Data may sometimes be also retained by Us in order to observe or meet legal or regulatory obligation/s in terms of Law.
- SECURITY MEASURES
We have strived and will continue to implement the technical and organisational practices necessary to ensure data security and to prevent unauthorised access to the data held by the Company. The security measures implemented by the Company primarily depend on the type of data being handled. Security measures include:
- use of secure servers and connections
- password protected storage
- frequent testing of security systems
- frequent periodical review of data collected, stored and processed
- physical security measures
DATA PROTECTION PERSON/S
Your Personal Data shall be protected by the Company. Amongst other things, it will ensure compliance with data protection rules and will cooperate with the Supervisory Authority when necessary.
In case You encounter any queries, issues or requests in relation to Your Personal Data please contact Us on:
Details of our Company:-
A.A. FOODS IMPORTS LTD.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: +356 21444778
- YOUR RIGHTS
You are not obliged to allow Us to Process Your Personal Data. However, in certain circumstances, if You do not provide us with Personal Data we cannot make the website available to You nor answer Your requests or communicate with You. If You choose not to provide us with Personal Data or subsequently elect to withdraw Your consent we might not be able to assist You and/or contract with You and therefore we may refuse to provide services to You.
When Your Personal Data is being processed by us as aforesaid, in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), You shall have the following rights:
- to request information as to whether data about You is being processed;
- to request access to Your data;
- to request correction of Your data if You consider it as errorenous, incomplete, inaccurate etc.;
- to request deletion for Your data at any time;
- to request limitation of processing for Your data;
- to request data transferability, that is, to request provision of personal data You submitted to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format;
- to request revocation of consent to the processing of personal data, this shall be with effect from the future;
- to object to the processing of personal data (however, our legitimate interests in terms of Article 6 para.1 (f) GDPR, may prevent the processing from being terminated and we will be entitled continue to process your personal data on this basis);
- To appeal to a Supervisory Authority if You believe that the processing of Your personal data infringes Your rights in terms of the GDPR. The latter is without prejudice to other administrative and judicial remedies. The Supervisory Authority in Malta is :
Level 2, Airways House,
High Street, Sliema SLM1549, Malta
Email Address: email@example.com
Before resorting to the Supervisory Authority, we recommend You to always seek to contact us first.
If You wish to avail yourself of any of Your rights, please kindly address Your requests to our DPO in the details indicated above.
Last Updated: May 2018